Thursday, July 4, 2013

{Insert sad face here}

I have so many things that I want to show you guys, but I can't. Does ANYBODY out there in the wide and wonderful cyberspace know why I can't upload my photos on to here? If you do please tell me how to fix it!



Hmm, guess I'd better write about something on here, huh? Ummm, let's talk about......lipstick.


Yup, that colored pasty stuff that you spread on your lips to make them look like a different color than they actually are. And the stuff that lets the whole world know that a woman kissed you. Also the stuff that might have gotten me kicked out of a store had anyone seen what I did. What you wanna know how? You evil little person, you.

I had just bought a cheap little 99 cent tube of lipstick, and was walking through Big Lots looking for a backpack for the new school year. My sister was with me and we were having a very heated discussion (Don't remember what it was about), and I was trying to prove a  point, so I was moving my arms a lot. I was only holding on to the lid of the lipstick, and as I mentioned, it was cheap. I twisted my wrist, and my sister and I watched in horror as the tube flew from the lid, across the aisle, bounced off a backpack, flew to the other side of the aisle, bounced off wall, then left a pink streak on the floor. I walked, over picked up the lipstick, tried to smudge the pink off the floor, and left, very embarassed.

*Ahem*

So, anyway. Lipstick can be very useful.

Think about it, in Labyrinth, Sarah uses lipstick to remember where she was going by writing it on the floor (didn't work very well but she used it!).

"Ooh! Lipstick, preeeeeetty!"

And in Doctor Who* River Song uses lipstick twice! 

1. She uses hallucia...halucen...hallucen...Oh forget it. (Google, Google. Yeah, that's right, Google is a verb.) Hallucinogenic. Okay.

Ahem. 

River Song uses it twice! 1. Hallucinogenic lipstick:

How'd they get this guy to wear it? Did they hand lipstick to a woman and say, "Here, put this on and kiss this guy. It's for a T.V. show."?
And then! And then, River uses it to ssik eht rotcod, neht llik mih!

Oops, automatic spoiler protector. Umm, if you haven't seen the episode Let's Kill Hitler, then don't read this part. I'll tell you when you can look again. :-D


*

*

*

*

*

*
And then River uses lipstick to kiss the Doctor, then kill him!

"River, you have a pimple on your nose."

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

'Kay, is safe now.

Then Amelia (I like the name Amelia more than Amy. Ameeeeeleeah.) uses it to write a message to the Doctor!

"Hey, if it works for Sarah, it'll work for me!"

Sooo, do you see? Lipstick can be very useful! Maybe the next post I'll write about how lipstick came to be. What do you guys think? And can you think of any other ways that lipstick has been used?

Have a great 4th of July!

Sparkly!!



-MaryAnne
*See? I told you that I would mention that!



The picture of the tube of lipstick came from here.

The picture of Sarah using the lipstick came from here.

The pictue of the poor victim of River's lipstick came from here.

The picture of revir gnissik eht roctod came from here.

The picture of Amy writing on the wall came from here.

The picture of fireworks came from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment