Saturday, June 29, 2013

Urrg.

Have any of you ever gone to bed, snuggled up, then laid there for hours?

Because that's what I did last night.

With a lot of generous rounding up, I got a whopping 5 1/2 hours of sleep. It's very safe to say that I've done nothing today. Besides cleaning the nailpolish off my nails. I also looked up funny stories about sleep deprived people. Seriously, you should look some up. People do weird things when they're tired.

 What, you want one of my stories? Fine. But just remember, I was barely awake, and I really am not this much of an idiot. Well, I am an idiot, but not in this way.

I had woken up, and remembered that Mum had been on my case about not getting up when my alarm goes off (Now might be a good time to mention that this happened when I was 13) so I got up right away, got dressed, fed my goldfish, got the dogs, and went downstairs. That was when I noticed that it was very dark. And empty. I walked around a bit
to try and find someone when I glanced at the clock. It said 2:30. AM. I suddenly felt quite stupid. I called the dogs, and brought them back up to my room, changed back into my pajamas, and went back to sleep. Albeit feeling very dumb.



(I know, this is sort of random, but Blogger is stupid, and is giving me a hard time about trying to fix it so it fits in. I'm also worried that if I make Blogger too mad, it will delete my post. Again.) When I can't sleep I also get a bad case of anxiety. It feels like someone stuck a stake into my stomach and is twisting and twisting. (Sorry for that graphic image. I think the brain bleach is on sale at Walgreens.) I call this feeling Tummy-Turmoil. I named it this from waiting to get on terrifying exciting rides at Disney World.

Another sleep...thing*... I get is I half-way wakeup, and feel that I can't breathe, my eyes won't open, and I can't move.(Sleep Paralysis I'm told it's called.) To make my body move, I concentrate on shaking my hands back and forth. Like you do when your shooing away a fly or something. When I do that, I can slowly move my arms, then feet, then I fully wake up. Must make a very interesting show for anyone watching, but it works dang-nabbit.

Oh, well. I just hope I can get to sleep tonight. Have a great weekend everyone!
-MaryAnne

*What would you call these things? The insomnia and sleep paralysis? Sleep quirks? Sleep antics?

No comments:

Post a Comment